The National Propane Gas Foundation (NPGF) Scholarship Fund was established in 1994 to foster education opportunities for the children of National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) member companies by offering scholarships to colleges or vocational/technical schools. The fund provides annual scholarships in the amounts of $1,000 and $2,000.
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- High school senior or undergraduate student with a grade point average of at least 2.6.
- Plans to be a full-time student for the upcoming school year in an undergraduate degree program by an accredited college or university, or enrolled in a vocational or technical school.
- A legal dependent of an employee or a member of the National Propane Gas Association. The parent or guardian's work must be directly related to the propane industry and the parent or guardian in the propane industry must claim the applicant as a dependent on his/her federal tax return.
- When an affiliated state or regional association is a Platinum Donor, the employer must also be a member of that association for the applicant to be eligible for that state's award.
- For more information on scholarship eligibility: http://www.npga.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Scholarship-Eligibility.pdf
How to Apply:
The application process begins each year on September 15th. To apply for an NPGF Scholarship, you must submit your application directly online.
- Go to https://www.npga.org/organization/scholarship-fund/.
- Click "Apply Online."
- Applications must be completed and all required information must be received by February 15th of the application year.
- Selections are made mid-April. Those selected for scholarships and those who are not will be notified as soon as possible after the selections are made.
For information on joining the scholarship committee or how to donate to the scholarship fund, please contact:
Lori Dec, NPGF Scholarship Fund Manager
1899 L Street, N.W., Suite 350
Washington, D.C. 20036
For additional information on the NPGF Scholarship Fund, visit NPGA online at: www.npga.org
Download NPGF Scholarship information